We’ve been listening closely to all of your questions about the Harness Buckle Recall. At Graco, we want to help ensure you are equipped with accurate information about your Graco car seat and in particular this recall. Here are the important things you need to know:
- Knowing if your car seat is a part of the recall: We are recalling the harness buckle in our toddler convertible and harnessed booster seats because some consumers told us that their harness buckles have become progressively more difficult to open over time or become stuck in the latched position especially if it gets clogged up with food or dirt. We want your car seat to operate perfectly. So, if your harness buckle seems sticky, Graco will send you a new replacement buckle at no cost.
- Ordering your new replacement harness buckle: You can order your replacement harness buckle now by using this online order form. It only takes a minute. Consumers who have already registered their car seat with Graco will automatically receive a replacement harness buckle in the mail – no action is needed.
- Reaching Graco’s Customer Service Team: We’re sorry to say that we are experiencing higher than normal call volumes so we apologize for the long wait time. Please consider using this online form to order your replacement harness buckle -- it will only take a minute. If you have questions, you can also reach us at email@example.com. We’ll be happy to help.
- Waiting for your new harness buckle: Graco can assure you that this recall does not impact the performance of your Graco car seat or its effectiveness in restraining your child. You can continue to use the car seat while waiting on the new buckle. In the meantime, we recommend these tips to clean your buckle – it helps!
- 411 on the replacement harness buckle: Based on consumer feedback, we have converted the harness buckles in many of our toddler car seats. So, you should check first to see if you need a new buckle or not. We began sending the new and improved harness buckles (with the red square button) to consumers who were experiencing difficulty opening their harness buckles in June. So far, we’ve received great feedback from consumers who have the new replacement harness buckle saying they find it easier to use.
- Replacing the harness buckle is easy: We have created detailed instructions and a video to help consumers replace the harness buckle in their car seats. In most car seats, the process of replacing your harness buckle is similar to adjusting your harness straps and crotch strap position to accommodate a growing child or removing your soft goods to clean them.